Wednesday 27 January 2016

Do something about it

Listened to the above interview given by Raymon, very interesting, at the end he mentioned that there are people who ask questions and expect answers that conform to what they were educated to believe, these people never achieve anything they just ask questions.

Yesterday a colleague of mine ask me about exercise, he wanted to know what kind of cardio exercise I was doing, so I told him that I do yoga, he had trouble accepting that yoga is a cardio exercise. I suggested that he do a few poses with me and then decide if yoga qualified as a cardio exercise, I put him through 2 poses - mountain pose and warrior pose so as not to overtax him physically.

After 10 minutes of adhoc exercises, he was winded, but he was not convinced that yoga has any cardio benefits. I told him that it is how you do the exercise and the duration, level of intensity, that gives the benefits of any exercise performed. I also told him that he has an inflexible mindset and pointed him to a few articles that might help him change his mind.(not likely to happen)

He has a fixed mindset that cardio is good for the body and the exercise should be activities like running, jogging, swimming, so I pointed out to him that such exercises done improperly would probably kill him faster than not doing any exercise at all.

The whole episode reminded me of Raymon's interview and what he said about people who kept on asking questions but will never achieve anything in their life.

Do something and something might happen, do nothing and nothing will happen, stop asking so many questions, go out and put to good use what you have learned.

Thank you

Love
Alan









No comments:

Post a Comment