Tuesday 30 September 2014

Eating with Love



From Anita Moorjani's Dying To Be Me

Q: Theories are interesting, but what about practical advice? How do
you stay healthy now - what do you eat and what do you avoid in your
diet?

A: I used to be paranoid about what I ate. I was a strict vegetarian.
I consumed only organic foods and was into macrobiotics, vitamin
supplements, and wheat-grass juice - and that was before I got sick. I
thought that everything caused cancer, from microwaves to
preservatives. I used to eat very healthfully, but I did so out of
fear.

Now I eat whatever I'm drawn to. I just make sure that I have a good
time with food and life! I think that it's more important to be happy
than anything else.

It's no fun eating all the so-called right food out of fear of getting
sick and being miserable about it. Being anxious causes a whole other
set of problems. Our bodies are actually a lot more resilient than we
give them credit for, particularly if we're happy and not under
stress.

Even when I choose to eat healthfully, I do so out of love instead of
fear. That's my method in every aspect of my life, and I invite you to
live the same way.


Love 
Alan





No comments:

Post a Comment